The CSP lab is dedicated to projects evaluating the performance of protocols and hardware over a variety of networks, including but not limited to
- IEEE 802.3 series wired Local Area Networks
- Wired Internet and Internet-like Wide Area Networks
- Bluetooth wireless Personal Area Networks
- IEEE 802.11 series wireless LANs
- Wireless cellular networks
- Point-to-Point wireless links
- Concatenations of the above
The lab has access to faculty with knowledge of other facets of communication theory and applications, such as EM wave propagation, digital signal processing, and laser systems, and hence can offer a wide range of expertise capable of evaluating many different aspects of a communications network.
Lately the CSPL has been working on
- Physical Layer security
- Software radios
- Wavelet analysis of SAW filters
- Dithering for increasing resolution of ADCs
To join the effort or give us more work talk to Dr. Scheets.